5 Great and Simple Ways To Save Money
Money is valuable in life and the people who say otherwise are simply in denial. Since it takes time and effort to earn money, we don’t want to waste it needlessly. Here are 5 ways to cut down on your costs and still keep your life enjoyable and simple.
1. Cook More Often.
I can’t stress enough the value you get from cooking your food. It’s healthy, you can manage what’s in your food, and you know exactly who is touching it and what it has been around. It’s also much cheaper to make your own food. Now that I no longer eat egg whites (which are the most expensive thing I was eating in the past) my food budget barely goes over 100 bucks a month. Try getting that on a diet of fast food on a regular basis!
If you are hesitant about this or don’t know how to cook, start slowly and make simple things like eggs or brown rice along with something like chicken. Eventually you can add more and more things to your diet until you get good at making those things. Wake up early or cook on the weekend to get the most bang for your buck. Use a multi-food processor and make your food for the week in advance if you need to. Just start doing it!
2. Shop for Deals Online
Another major way to cut down on costs significantly! Just about anything can be bought online nowadays and you can save some major coin doing it. You just need to know where to go to get what you want. Here’s a simple guide.
- For electronics and the like: Try Amazon or EBay. You will almost always get these much cheaper at those sites especially if there is a sale. Brick and mortar stores can still be used to evaluate what you want so you don’t waste money.
- For large items like furniture, try a site like Craigslist. You might think it’s weird but I see many people who are losing their homes or are moving who are selling things on the cheap. If it looks new and you can get it for a very low cost, why not do it? Also if you’re buying things like weights you can find those here for dirt cheap and weights are just fine used! Take advantage. You can also sell on here too!
- For things like clothing try EBay. You can get some amazing things gently used for a dirt cheap price as clothes don’t generally sell for a high amount unless they are mega high end. Even then you can get those cheap. It’s better to get a gently used high end item than it is to get a brand new low quality item. Look good and save your money.
- You can get boxed foods and snacks on Amazon or eBay for dirt cheap at times. Many times the stores are cheaper, but it depends. Many times stores no longer stock certain items (like health snacks) so this is a good alternative.
Don’t be afraid of the internet! it’s a great tool.
3. Use a Home Gym.
There’s nothing wrong with going to a local gym. However you will pay for it and many can add up quite a bit, some being around 50 bucks a month or so depending on the membership. When you exercise at home, you get quiet and privacy, and you can do it any time, even right out of bed. You can use whatever you need and not worry about things you want to use being occupied. You only need a few small items to get started.
You can do a large amount of exercises and stay in great shape with this equipment. As you go along, you can add things like wrist and ankle weights, a punching bag, or whatever you like but you can save space and cost simply by doing it at home.
4. Use Animal Antibiotics or Get a Medical Discount Card
Many people don’t use insurance much due to the new legislation or personal beliefs. Whatever the reason (even if you are on insurance) you might find many items to add up in cost. You can get a medical discount card which often drops the prices really cheap. Another thing you can do is if you take certain things like antibiotics, there are animal versions which are identical for much cheaper.
The reason they have to be identical is if your child (or you) ingest it and have problems, the poison control center needs to be able to diagnose the problem and help you cure it or stay alive until the ambulance arrives. The animal versions are much cheaper because of how the industry works the medicine for humans is much more expensive.
5. Do Your Errands Simultaneously
Nothing baffles me more than people who do errands here and there and just waste gas and time. Why do it little by little and spend every day doing one thing, when you can do it all at once? Today I need to get some groceries, get my car battery checked, and go to the post office. Why spread this over 3 days and spend 2.5-3x as long doing them when I can just do them at once? Now my day can be used for more pressing matters.
When people make excuses for things like not cooking, one of the arguments they use is “Well I have to go to the grocery store a lot”. How about you not be a brick and buy what you need so you only need to go 1 or 2 times a week. It seems like common sense isn’t that common. Schedule your time and then do things in an order that makes sense.
If there’s anything else you can think of, let me know! There are countless ways to save money.
Like This Content? Want More? Do You Have Any Questions?
Check Out The Video and Podcast Content Below!